Pyrolysis plant is effective and eco-friendly to dispose of waste materials. It can turn scrap tires into oil, carbon black, wire steel, and combustible gas. Besides, it is also widely used to process waste plastic, rubber products, oil sludge, as well as biomass waste. It happens at high temperatures in an oxygen-free atmosphere. But it is different from burning, which is a kind of chemical change. Taking tyre pyrolysis plant for example, let’s see how to convert waste into useful things through pyrolysis.
In order to know the working process better, let’s know the main parts of the pyrolysis plant first. Let’s take BLJ-6/10 batch pyrolysis plant for your reference.
1. Pyrolysis Reactor: It is where the pyrolysis process happens. Beston has two kinds of pyrolysis reactor designs, rotary and horizontal. The former is often used in batch and semi-continuous pyrolysis systems. While the latter is for continuous pyrolysis plant. Besides, the pyrolysis reactor is made of 16-mm-thick Q245r boiler steel. Moreover, there is a casing out of the reactor, which can protect workers from high temperatures. Also, it can make the reactor stay warm longer.
3. Carbon Black Discharger: It is fully sealed with water cooling system. So it can cool down the carbon black soon and stop fly ash as well.
4. Sludge Oil Tank / Oil Storage Tank: To store heavy oil and light oil separately.
5. Oil Condenser: Oil gas will be liquid after going through the condenser.
6. Hydroseal: Stop backfire, which can improve the safety of the plant. Also, it can purify the combustible gas.
7. Extra Gas Burner: It can burn the extra combustible gas to remove the harmful substance in the gas.
8. Fuel Condenser: It uses water to cool down the fuel gas.
9. Fuel Gas Scrubber: It aims to purify fuel gas, including water spray tower, chimney, etc.
10. Control Cabinet: It is the control system of the whole tire recycling plant, where you can find the temperature and pressure of each part.
Except for the standard configurations, some will buy an automatic feeder to improve working efficiency. Also, we have some pre-treatment equipment, such as dryer, crusher, shredding, wire drawing machine, etc. If you want to further process pyrolysis oil to diesel, you can buy a distillation machine as well.
1. Pre-treatment System
You can buy shredded tires as raw materials. If you have a batch pyrolysis plant, you can also feed whole tires into the reactor manually. Please make sure the water content is lower than 15%, which will influence the oil yield. However, if you use an automatic feeder, you need to pull out the steel wire and cut the tires into small pieces (20mm-50mm). Generally, it takes about 1.5 hours to feed 8 tons of raw materials. You can choose the auxiliary equipment from Beston Machinery according to your needs.
It takes 1-3 hours to pre-heat the reactor to remove the air in the reactor to improve the security. When the temperature rises up to 160 to 200 degrees, oil gas will be generated, as well as combustible gas. The best pyrolysis temperature for tyre is 300-350 degrees. Oil gas will go through the manifold to be separated as heavy oil and light oil. The heavy will be stored in the sludge oil tank, which can be pyrolyzed again. While the light oil will enter the oil condenser to be liquid oil and stored in oil tank. Meanwhile, the non-condensable gas will go back to the combustor as fuel to heat the reactor. In general, you can stop using fuel after 1.5-2 hours after pyrolysis.
There is another product produced during pyrolysis, namely carbon black. For a batch plant, it takes 2 hours to cool down and another 2 hours to discharge. While for a continuous plant with a water cooling system, you can discharge while feeding.
4. Fuel Gas Treatment System
The de-dusting system aims to cool down and purify the fuel gas. It includes condenser, water spray tower, induced draft fan, etc. Then the gas can be released into the atmosphere.
Beston also makes some videos to help customers understand the tyre pyrolysis process well. You can check from Beston Youtube Channel.
Pyrolysis is regarded as the most effective and eco-friendly way to handle old tires. Moreover, it is also profitable to invest in. Beston offers different models to choose from, including batch, semi-continuous, and fully continuous pyrolysis systems. More importantly, we offer a one-stop service according to your needs. Welcome to contact us for more details!